Employer Bulletin | 8 May 2023
Privacy rights in the digital age – Privacy Week 2023 programme launched
The Privacy Commissioner's office has launched Privacy Week, a flagship educational event in New Zealand. It includes a series of free online talks covering digital privacy-related topics such as AI, biometrics, Māori data sovereignty and online dating. The Commissioner encourages people to attend, regardless of their privacy expertise level, and highlights the importance of privacy education in building a stronger community.
Also in today's Bulletin:
- Annual wage cost inflation 4.3 per cent
- Unemployment rate remains 3.2 per cent
- More Kiwis in work as rising wages outpace inflation
- Company failures leave builder seriously injured
- Changes to the Building Code for plumbing and drainage and protection from fire
- Three Employment Relations Authority cases.