Employer Bulletin | 24 April 2023
Additional $25 million business support approved for cyclone-affected areas
Due to strong demand and further need for support from cyclone-affected businesses, the Government has approved another $25 million boost in business support grants, to be distributed via local agencies on the ground, to help get businesses back up and running as quickly as possible.
Also in today's Bulletin:
- Inflation lower than expected but Cyclone Gabrielle keeps prices elevated
- Feedback sought to reduce building consent costs and improve sector performance
- Update to the hourly wage for tourism and hospitality roles
- Grocery food the largest contributor to 12.1% annual increase in food prices
- One Employment Court Case, four Employment Relations Authority cases and eight Bills open for public submission.