Employer Bulletin | 20 November
In April 2022 Auckland scaffolder, Jahden Nelson, suffered an electric shock at work that resulted in the loss of both his arms. The incident could have been avoided had his employer, CPA 2022 Limited, demonstrated greater diligence.
Jahden was dismantling scaffolding when the steel pole he was handling met an overhead powerline, resulting in high voltage electrical burns to his upper and lower limbs and necessitating the amputation of both arms up to the upper bicep.
The incident has left Jahden dependent on daily assistance for routine activities, for the rest of his life due to the severity of his injuries. CPA 2022 Limited has been sentenced for its health and safety failure.
In today’s Bulletin
- Worker's electric shock was preventable
- Recent immigration phone scams
- Parent Resident Visa
- Record net migration loss of New Zealand citizens
- Release of additional monthly price indexes
- One Employment Court case and four Employment Relations Authority cases
If you have any questions, about this case or other employment relation matters, you can call the Advice Line team on 0800 800 362.
Your Business Central team