Employer Bulletin | 13 March 2023
School and kindergarten teachers preparing for a strike, and historic pay boost for NZ nurses.
Across New Zealand, around 50,000 school and kindergarten teachers are preparing for a strike this Thursday as part of their campaign to secure pay and working condition improvements. On those same grounds, nurses have received an historic pay increase, with the largest proportion of registered nurses seeing an increase of $12,000 in base pay. This is the result of a pay equity deal approved last year, worth $540 million, of which interim equity payments are being rolled out across the nation.
Also in today's Bulletin:
- Government working to support response and recovery
- Completion of Taupō projects strengthens regional economic resilience
- Better Work Action Plan for tourism launched
- Retail card spending flat in February 2023
- BusinessNZ Network sustainability survey
- Five Employment Relations Authority cases and three Bills open for public submission.