Employer Bulletin | 1 May 2023
Government rules out cyclone levy in no-frills Budget
A new cyclone levy, to pay for the recovery of the Auckland floods and Cyclone Gabrielle, has been ruled out by the Government in the upcoming Budget. Instead, Prime Minister, Chris Hipkins, indicated that the costs of the recovery would be largely met within the Budget's operating and capital allowances.
Also in today's Bulletin:
- IRD report shows wealthy NZers pay much lower tax rates than other earners
- Funding boost to strengthen primary, community and rural care
- Napier apple export quantities down, value remains stable
- Transport sector agreement finalised and Green List changes confirmed
- Five Employment Relations Authority cases and four Bills open for public submission.