NZTE Business Capability Development Scheme
Business Eligibility for Vouchers
The Capability Voucher Funding helps business owners to access business training and coaching services, by providing them with up to 50% subsidy towards the registered service cost.
The funding is one of the services available through the network of 14 Regional Business Partners who employ Growth Advisors to support business owners looking to grow and innovate.
- To access this co-funding you must first meet with one of our RBP Growth Advisors to discuss your business.
- The Growth Advisor will seek to understand opportunities for growth and help identify any barriers to this.
- The Growth Advisor will then work with you to put together an action plan.
Where there is a management capability need identified that could be addressed by undertaking training, the Growth Advisor may issue a Capability Voucher to the business.
Do I qualify for funding?
The following criteria will be used by the Regional Business Partners to identify whether or not your business qualifies for funding:
- Have undergone an assessment with a Regional Business Partner (i.e. Growth Advisor)
- Have fewer than 50 full time employees.
- Are registered for GST in New Zealand
- Are operating in a commercial environment.
- Are a privately owned business, or are a Māori Trust or incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Māori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership.
- Demonstrate a desire to innovate and grow.
What can the vouchers be used for?
Vouchers may be used to help pay up to 50 percent of the cost of services (up to a maximum value of $5,000 excluding GST) from registered providers that improve management capabilities.
More information on the Regional Business Partners can be seen here.
What areas can I get funding for?
There are a number of areas within your business that you can get assistance with, here are the general categories:
- Business Planning
- Business Systems
- Business Sustainability
- Capital Raising
- Lean Manufacturing/Business Operations
- Managing Resources
Business owners will need to:
- Register your business at regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz
- Meet with a RBP Growth Advisor to assess the level of management capability and to identify any training or coaching needs.
Courses that Business Central offer that are eligible for NZTE Capability Development Vouchers
Business Central Qualified Courses
- Communicating with Confidence
- The Disciplinary Process
- Human Resources for Small Businesses
- Developing leadership Becoming a Confident Leader
- Dealing with Other Businesses (PCBU’s)
- Project Management for Non-Project Managers
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace Culture
- Team Leader Toolbox: Facilitating Your Team
- Introduction to Leading and Managing Others
- Employment Legislation
- Holidays Act
- Wages Law
- Health & Safety Due Diligence
- Accident Reporting and Investigation
- Risk Management 101
- Hazard Management 101
- Stage 1 Health and Safety Representatives
- Stage 2 Health and Safety Representatives
- Stage 3 Health and Safety Representatives
- H&S Essentials for Small Businesses
- Conducting Disciplinary Meetings
- Growing my Leadership and Management Expertise
- Leading and Managing my Team with Confidence
- Getting the best from Worksafe
- Getting the best out of your Health and Safety Committee
- Health & Safety for People Managers
- Working with your Health & Safety Representative