Storytelling for Marketers
Date: Monday 20 Jul 2020 Time: 11:30am to 12:30pm
20 July 2020 - 14 August 2020 - 4 week course
We partnered with the Marketing Association to provide our Business Central members with access to their upcoming online courses at the special member price.
Storytelling has been around for centuries, so we're all naturals, right? Wrong.
If you've grasped the principles of good copy, but want to know the secrets of storytelling, then this online course is for you.
About this course
This course is specifically designed for marketers who are, or soon will be, writing business stories from a passionate storyteller who has studied the art of storytelling and guided practitioners in a variety of contexts. It was developed for our customers who wanted to take the next step from our top selling Copywriting course.
At the beginning of each week a pre-recorded presentation by the facilitator will be published to the website, to introduce that week's topic. Then for the rest of the week there will be activities and resources to support your learning.
The week will end with a live video discussion on Friday, with the facilitator and other participants. If you can't make it, the recording will be available to view after the session.
For this course, the live session each Friday will be held @ 11:30 for 1 hour max.
- the importance of good storytelling and why facts aren't enough
- why we do our best but can fail to be heard or 'cut through'
- the key ingredients of a story in a simple, digestible way
- the role of context and how to drive the story forward
- the role of neuroscience in 'getting it right'
So you can
- understand what every good story needs and why it needs it
- understand how you can write more memorable stories in a crowded environment
- see why some stories nailed it and others didn't make the grade through real-life case studies
Marketing Association Online 4 Week Course Member: $325.00 , Non-Member: $475.00 , All prices exclude GST.
Note: this member price is available to Business Central members due to our partnership with the Marketing Association.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.