2. Stage 1 Health and Safety Representatives
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
H&S Committee members
People wanting to be
|2 day||29315||NZTE Capability |
Development voucher may apply
Everyone who wants to be officially recognised as a H&S representative in their workplace needs to complete this course. NZ Health and Safety law requires training and recognises the role, the duties and responsibilities of workplace health and safety representatives. This course introduces you to the key elements of effective worker participation and engagement. Learn the key strategies and tools you will need to be an effective representative in your workplace.
- How improvements in health and safety link to productivity
- Interpreting injury claims information
- Measuring what matters
- Calculating the costs of workplace injury
- Sources of injury information in the workplace
- The role of the health and safety representative in promoting improvements in health and safety
- The role of the health and safety representative in supporting an injured worker or manager and return to work plans
Your Learning Outcomes
- Develop systems to measure health and safety processes
- Identify and report on links to productivity due to improved health and safety practices
- Collate and report on various sources of injury information within the workplace
- Determine injury causal factors from incident reports and notifiable events and provide detailed feedback to Health and Safety Committee meetings for further action
- Promote improvements within your workplace to reduce injury costs
Two day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|10-11 Feb 2021||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|16-17 Feb 2021||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
|23-24 Feb 2021||9am – 4pm||Gisborne||Emerald Hotel|
|30-31 Mar 2021||9am – 4pm||Whanganui||Anndion Lodge|
|7-8 Apr 2021||9am – 4pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motor Inn|
|19-20 Apr 2021||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|4-5 May 2021||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
|11-12 May 2021||9am – 4pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|18-19 May 2021||9am – 4pm||Gisborne||Emerald Hotel|
|9-10 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||Masterton||Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park|
|15-16 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||Nelson||Trailways Hotel|
|23-24 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
|29-30 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $599 + GST
Non Members: $725 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.