NEW Risk Management101 - H&S Training Module
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
|1/2 day - Afternoon Only||This course is written to meet the requirements of |
both the Act and Regulation concerning risk assessment
and helps participants meet the standard US 25046.
Development voucher may apply
The Health and Safety ACT 2016 asks all people in the workplace to be "reasonable practicable". In plain english, that means they must have the ability to assess a hazard and the liklihood and frequency to result in harm.
While your team may have dedicated H&S officers, maintaining safety is an organsiation wide commitment requiring all all levels of staff to be involved. This training module aims to give people the confidence to assess the risk of harm that their actions or hazards in the workplace pose for them or their workmates.
Kiwis have an iconic "She'll be right" attitude when assessing the risk of activities, this module will help take them out of this mentality by providing a framework for them to use based on a real-life NZ scenario.
Your Learning Outcomes
- The module uses a real live NZ examples to teach the intricacies of risk assessment
- A brief summary of hazard identification is offered however this module is best paired with Hazard101
- Learn to assess the frequency of a hazard
- Learn how to assess the liklihood of harm a hazard poses
- Learn to assess different levels of harm
- Participants will learn to use different risk matrices and learn what information is available on the WorkSafe website on risk assessment
- Participants will rate themselves and their workplace against best practice with the end of module questionnaire with the assistance and guidance of our experienced Health and Safety Trainer
This module is designed to simplify risk assessment processes to practical steps that can be applied by any member of your organisation, regardless of level.
This module will be bundled with the Hazard101 H&S training module . As such, this module is scheduled in the afternoon with Hazard101 module in the morning of the same day in the same geographical location.
|4 Feb 2021||1pm – 4pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motor Inn|
|12 Feb 2021||1pm – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|25 Feb 2021||1pm – 4pm||Gisborne||Emerald Hotel|
|19 Mar 2021||1pm – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch|
|9 Apr 2021||1pm – 4pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motor Inn|
|25 Jun 2021||1pm – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch|
|28 Jun 2021||1pm – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
3 Hour, Half day course, 1pm – 4pm
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $200 + GST
Non Members: $349 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.