02. Other PCBUs (dealing with sub-/contractors)
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
Everyone who deals |
with other PCBUs e.g.
|1 day||17595(Assessment cost additional)||NZTE Capability|
Development voucher applies
The Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 defines contractors, sub-contractors and other businesses you deal with as "other PCBUs". The old notion of you as the "principal" or "site controller" also no longer applies. Your business or your legal entity is a PCBU and where there are overlapping H&S duties, a PCBU has to consult and co-operate with other PCBUs and even monitor other PCBU activities to ensure that H&S is managed. This course will help you manage those duties and overlaps.
- The different duties of the various parties in a contract chain
- How to manage the risks of various contractor types
- How to document, implement, manage and review a contractor risk management framework
- Migrating existing contractors to the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
Your Learning Outcomes
- Understand key components of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and how they relate to contractor management
- Explain Health & Safety obligations that PCBUs have to contractors
- Outline the considerations in procuring, selecting, engaging and managing contractors
- Prepare a contract with Health & Safety considerations
- Conduct Health & Safety performance assessments on contractors
- Assess a contractor's Health & Safety record
- Prepare/audit contractor Health & Safety documentation
- Assess a contractor's Health & Safety management plan
|18 May 2020||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|4 Jun 2020||9am – 4pm||Napier||The Business Hub|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.