6. Health & Safety Essentials for Small Business
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
Partners of owners
Staff who help with business systems
|1 day||Not at present||NZTE Capability|
Development voucher applies
This course will give you the oversight you need to understand to ensure your business H&S systems and practices reflect a best practice approach to meet compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015. Each session comes with practical templates for you to use in your business.
Please Note: this course only has limited public course scheduling but is available as an inhouse course on request
- The WHY of H&S – what's in it for you to get involved and care? (e.g. your business drivers)
- The WHAT of H&S – learn the main components of a modern H&S system; your requirements under the Act, regulations and other legal requirements
- The DUTIES – learn about the legal duties of your business, you as the owner and those of your staff
- REASONABLY PRACTICABLE – learn how to assess the key risks in your business and learn how to control them
- COMPETENCY – everyone in your workplace needs to be fit-for-work. Find out practical steps to take to ensure you can verify competency
- INCIDENTS – can happen at any time in your workplace and depending on the severity need different approaches – but because they have the potential to disrupt your business so much the best tactic is to try and avoid them or prevent them from occurring. Some incidents might need to be notified to worksafe.
- RETURN TO WORK AND REHABILITATION– another big cost to a small business is people off on ACC – learn how you can get people back to work and back to productivity
- PUT it all together – the final session will see you putting together a small business H&S policy with all the key elements you need.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Understand the core elements of a health and safety system including how risks, hazards and accidents should be managed and reported
- Understand the key duty holders and their respective duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Understand how Worksafe fits into the picture
- Understand essential health and safety components and how they relate to your legal duties
- Understand worker participation requirements
- Understand practical ways of increasing the effectiveness of your health and safety system
|27 Sep 2021||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $449 + GST
Non Members: $649 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.