5. Managing Hazards and Risks in Your Workplace
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
Full Day Course|
(9am - 4pm)
This course is written to meet the requirements
Development voucher may apply
While your team may have dedicated H&S representatives, maintaining safety is an organisation-wide responsibility, requiring all levels of staff to be involved.
These training modules aim to give workers and officers the confidence to effectively manage hazards and risks within the workplace, improving your hazard identification and risk management systems. Identifying hazards in the workplace might involve: i. an Area map; ii. task analysis; iii. a process map; iv. an environmental scan. Further to this, participants will consider what could cause risk in their workplace, considering different levels of harm through risk analysis.
The course provides participants with the confidence to assess the risk of harm that hazards in the workplace pose for them or their workmates and understand how to implement effective controls to minimise risk.
Your Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of hazard reporting
- Understand the importance of identifying risk in the workplace
- Understand key duty holders under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and their legal duties
- Participants learn that the harm is not the hazard but the outcome
- Participants learn to use hazard reporting forms and learn what information is available on the WorkSafe website on hazard identification and risk management
- Participants will learn to identify hazards in their workplace and undergo various hazard identification activities
- Learn to assess the frequency of a hazard and the likelihood of harm a hazard poses
- Learn to assess and prioritise different levels of harm
- Learn to use different risk matrices
- Learn about the hierarchy of controls and what controls are most effective
- Understand how to monitor and review risks
- Recommendations on practical solutions for staff participation with the hazard identification system and risk management system
- Rate yourself and your workplace on best practice with the end of module questionnaire with the assistance and guidance of our experienced Health and Safety Trainer
|1 Nov 2021||9am – 4pm||Carterton Events Centre|
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $449 + GST
Non Members: $649 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.