4. Accident Reporting and Investigation
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
|All duty holders|
(Assessment costs additional)
Development voucher may apply
When accidents happen it is important the data is captured correctly and understand how to learn from them to create a safer workplace. You also have a legal duty to notify serious workplace injuries, illnesses and events.
Create a safer workplace through effective accident management practice and incident investigation. Almost every accident involves a workplace risk or hazard. This course will teach you to identify areas for improvement in an accident management system, use root cause analysis and understand how this is an effective method to give you key insights into preventing their occurrence in the future.
- Defining and identification of risk and its subcategories
- Your legal duties to report and investigate
- The necessary steps to follow in an investigation process, outcomes and objectives
- Interviewing techniques
- Preparing and writing investigation reports and reporting on notifiable events
- Helpful questions for investigators
Your Learning Outcomes
- Understand the importance of reporting and investigating workplace accidents and incidents
- Understand what a notifiable injury or event is and how to report it to Worksafe
- Understand Worksafe’s role in the management of accidents
- How to recognise and overcome barriers to accident and incident reporting
- Recommendations on practical solutions for staff participation with the accident management system
- Models for investigating accidents including multiple causation and root cause analysis
- Improve your ability to write a report that is compliant and recommends preventive actions
One day, 9am – 4pm.
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Course schedule TBA.
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $449 + GST
Non Members: $649 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.