6. Accident Reporting and Investigation
|Relevant to:||Course length:||NZQA Unit Standard:||Eligible for assistance?|
|All duty holders|
(Assessment costs additional)
Development voucher may apply
When accidents happen it is important to learn from them. Create a safer workplace through effective accident and incident investigation. Almost every accident involves a risk or hazard. This course will teach you to use root cause analysis as an effective method to discover why the problem occurred in the first place and give you key insights into preventing their occurrence in the future. You also have a legal duty to notify serious workplace injuries, illnesses and events.
- Defining and identification of risk and its subcategories
- Your legal duties to report and investigate
- The necessary steps to follow in an investigation process, outcomes and objectives
- Interviewing techniques
- Preparing and writing investigation reports and reporting on notifiable events
- Helpful questions for investigators
- Individuals wishing to obtain the knowledge skills and confidence to audit workplace H&S Management systems have the option of progressing via Unit Standard 5619
Your Learning Outcomes
- How vital it is to report and investigate workplace accidents and incidents
- How to recognise and overcome barriers to accident and incident reporting
- Models for investigating accidents including multiple causation and root cause analysis
- The ability to write a report that is compliant and recommends preventive actions
One day, 9am – 4pm.
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|5 Nov 2020||9am – 4pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|10 Dec 2020||9am – 4pm||Nelson||Trailways Hotel|
|4 Mar 2021||9am – 4pm||Nelson||Trailways Hotel|
|18 Mar 2021||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
|22 Mar 2021||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|15 Apr 2021||9am – 4pm||Gisborne||Emerald Hotel|
|22 Apr 2021||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|13 May 2021||9am – 4pm||Napier||Business Hub|
|1 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motor Inn|
|8 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||Masterton||Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park|
|22 Jun 2021||9am – 4pm||Palmerston North||Caccia Birch House|
NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme
This Course has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme.
Small and medium size businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Business Central is an accredited provider of the NZTE Capability Development Voucher scheme and approved businesses will receive a voucher for up to 50% of the total workshop cost. The voucher amount is dependent on the price of the training or workshop.
To check if you are eligible for this scheme please follow the link below.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $449 + GST
Non Members: $649 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.