The Disciplinary Process
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
Human Resources personnel
People handling staffing matters
Development voucher applies
Every week we read of cases where employers have been ordered to pay significant penalties where the disciplinary process followed has resulted in the employee taking personal grievance action claiming they have been unjustifiably dismissed or disadvantaged.
The law is very specific not only requiring justification for a disciplinary action but necessitating that the process followed was fair.
Failure in either, or both the justification or disciplinary procedure, can be costly, time-consuming and potentially damaging to an employers reputation and public profile.
- Understand procedural fairness
- Understand justifiable reasons for dismissal
- Improve supporting documentation e.g letter-writing, note taking and investigative materials
- Understand how to run a disciplinary process
- Be equipped with techniques to manage disciplinary meetings and investigations
- Confidence in finalising disciplinary outcomes
- Understand how to avoid successful personal grievance (PG) claims on unjustifiable disadvantage, unjustified dismissal and constructive dismissal
One day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
|4 Jul 2022||9am – 4pm||Wellington||Business Central|
|14 Jul 2022||9am – 4pm||New Plymouth||Auto Lodge Motor Inn|
|4 Nov 2022||4am – 4pm||Online||Online|
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $449 + GST
Non Members: $649 + GST
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 10 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.