The Holidays Act is the piece of employment legislation that attracts the most enquirers for advice and interpretation.
In many respects it is difficult to manage because the law was not planned with the diversity of workplaces and flexible workplace practices in mind.
|Relevant to:||Course length:||Eligible for assistance?|
Human Resource Personnel
Development voucher applies
- The Holidays Act and its administration.
- The role of Ministry of Business Innovation Employment and penalties
- Annual holiday entitlement and payment calculations
- What is the effect of a person changing their hours of work?
- Annual holidays in advance of entitlement and payment requirements
- Sick leave entitlements (including medical certificate application)
- Bereavement leave entitlements
- The process to be followed when an employee is on annual holidays or public holiday and is sick, injured or suffers a bereavement
- Public holidays and alternative time off for working on a public holiday
- The annual holiday process when an organisation has a 'close down'
- Cashing up part of an annual leave entitlement
- Final pay calculations
- Holiday pay for a person who has returned from a period of parental leave
- Holiday and leave record keeping
Your Learning Outcomes
Afterwards, you'll be able to…
- Understand what the law requires
- Provide suggestions and ideas for the effective management of holidays in the workplace
- Review your workplace systems and processes to ensure best practice
- Implement strategies for managing the administration of leave
One day course, 9am – 4pm
Includes workbook, arrival tea or coffee, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Course schedule TBA.
Prices indicated are per person.
Members: $499 + GST
Members (Early Bird): $425 + GST (Early Bird rate applies to bookings made one month prior to the course date)
Non Members: $650 + GST
VIEW OUTLINE REGISTER NOW
The RegisterNow button will take you to the below email address to register your booking.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be received 5 clear working days prior to the event. Cancellations after this time and ‘no-shows’ on the day will be charged the full invoice amount. Substitutions are permitted if you can no longer attend.